Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Autumn Eve

On the eve of my absolute favorite season, I thought I would share some photos of our main living area. I decorated with items we have collected over the years. We have lived in our AZ house for almost two years now, but it has been an unusually busy two years for us. We are finally getting settled in as our lives settle down a bit, and so we decided to blog our journey as we build items for the house, decorate room by room, etc. I will also share my craft room creations, as well as an occasional kitchen creation. 

The photos from this evening are dark, but I'll share some daytime photos soon as well-- I absolutely love the light in our home.

I really hope that you enjoy the blog! I would love any feedback you might have to offer-- bearing in mind that I have quite unique style/decor preferences.

As you enter the house:



The hubs built me the blanket ladder in the corner. <3


I made the sign with the Joshua verse above the doorway:


Kitchen (& Rud having a sip of water):




How pretty is this Starbucks bag? Going to be opened tomorrow morning!

Made this:
& Amen.


A little touch of "back home":

This wall/area needs so. much. help. Will work on that sometime soon hopefully.




Temporary wine storage until the hubs builds an open console. It will run 8' along the wall underneath the windmill head.

My scale from Michigan:

30th Birthday prezzie from TX:


These pumpkins look like they're glowing, but it is just the flash. ;)

Another touch of "back home":

Ahhh, the "chippiness!" This is a mantle from a plantation in SC. It is made of Charleston Heart Pine. I got it while living in the good ol' Lowcountry.













I change this out with the seasons, and keep the other prints in this frame, so they're super easy to swap out as the seasons change.

Antique weathervane, with GSWs and all ;):

The USNA football schedule (I need my artist sister to come do the chalkwriting):

May rearrange the decorations:

I made these pumpkins last year:

And this is exactly why we have a boot tray (the hub's boots dirty from his hunting trip last week):

Good Night... & Happy Fall Y'all!!!

Please follow my blog if you like what you see. I am also on Pinterest & Instagram.








No comments:

Post a Comment